Are you an experienced Bookkeeper looking for a new adventure?
Would you enjoy the opportunity to work with a mission-focused, fast growing law firm in a position that will help shape the firm’s future.
Do you get excited about helping the owner track key metrics to help drive growth?
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper with real, practical business experience.
About the position
The bookkeeper is responsible for the firm’s day-to-day bookkeeping, including Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Account Reconciliation, Accepting and Depositing Funds, Payroll. In addition to these more traditional Bookkeeping functions, the bookkeeper will be tasked to track certain production and marketing metrics to aid the owner in data-based decision making. The Bookkeeper will use the firm’s practice management system and accounting software to record transactions and prepare standard reports as directed by the owner or the CFO. The Bookkeeper’s duties are designed to keep the Owner apprised of the heartbeat and health of the firm. In addition, the Bookkeeper shall immediately apprise the Owner of any unusual financial activity or problem that may arise.
We need someone with the experience and maturity to keep the Firm’s needs in the forefront and work closely with the Owner and key staff on strategy, policy, problem-solving, and decision-making.
The ideal candidate understands that you cannot manage what you do not measure – and can help us figure out how to build systems to ensure we can measure and manage effectively.
This job could be part-time or full-time, depending on the successful candidate’s willingness and skills regarding non-traditional bookkeeping tasks, like tracking production, marketing, and client satisfaction metrics.
1. Sets up new client matters in the accounting system
2. Prepares invoices.
3. Edits prebills to include: corrections, write-off of time entries, mark hours up or down, transfer entries, and apply trust monies.
4. Prepares monthly retainer billing.
5. Runs and distributes final statements.
6. Runs and distributes reminder statements.
7. Enters clients’ payments into the accounting system, prepares the bank deposit, balances daily reports, and upon approval, assures that the deposit is delivered to the bank.
8. Prepares cash flow report.
9. Inputs all payrolls into payroll system.
10. Codes and enters all expense invoices and check requests.
11. Verifies all invoices and check requests are properly approved.
12. Prepares daily or weekly check runs.
13. Mails accounts payable checks upon approval.
14. Maintains petty cash fund.
16. Answers questions related to payables and billing questions.
17. Tracks marketing data to determine ROI per project.
18. Uses firm software to generate pipeline efficiency, employee performance, and hiring needs.
Our office is in Cranberry Township, PA.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
TO APPLY, WE NEED YOU TO FOLLOW THIS PROCESS:
This will be a multi-step interview process so we can get to know each other and make sure we are a good fit; this is the first step. If you don’t follow the instructions for applying, your journey stops here. Send an email to [email protected] and attach a PDF of your resume’ and a cover letter. The letter should tell us (a) why you would be great for this job, and (b) what makes you nervous about this job.